Habiter la terre offers courses on different aspects of autonomous living, specialising in natural building, basketry, woodwork, wild food and off-grid systems. We also take commissions for artisan baskets and wooden crafts made from locally-sourced material.
Building a tiny house with earth and straw
We are building a tiny strawbale house this summer, and are using the opportunity to organise workshops around some of the key aspects of this structure. Dates for these workshops are flexible, so long as we haven’t completed that part of the build yet. If you are interested in learning any of these techniques, get in touch with us as soon as possible to schedule a time over the summer.
- Monday, April 18th: Introduction to basketmaking (Ireland)
- Saturday, April 23rd: Introduction to fermentation
- Sunday, April 24th: Fermenting miso
- Saturday, April 30th: Foraging for wild food
- Saturday, May 14th: Introduction to basketmaking
We can also organise workshops on demand. To see a list of our full range of courses, follow the link to our workshops.
If you wish to be kept informed whenever we organise a new course, subscribe to our email list.